OVER / AT and ATLAS Arts present: A/am/ams (come ashore; turn over)
- 2 Oct 2021, 7 p.m., Elgol Village Hall, Isle of Skye, Scotland, UK, Information and booking link
Repertoire A/am/ams (come ashore; turn over), by Rufus Isabel Elliot
In conversation since May 2020, ATLAS and OVER /AT have variously been exploring ways of bringing to life more hopeful futures through art and music making, workshop sessions and community building projects. With OVER /AT’s work embedded in trans and non-binary music-making futures, and ATLAS exploring the building of ‘Plural Futures’ in different parts of their programme, this gentle collaboration is born out of an interest in making, hosting and performing art otherwise – listening to the place where we are and reflecting on the rules and languages which surround us.
A/am/ams takes shape as a performance, and a series of workshops and stories, inviting you to tune into voices and instruments from across the project in different ways.
This includes a new audio piece shared via online from 10 September, an interview with Josie Vallely from 22nd September, a Zoom-game of The Quiet Year (LGBT+ only) on 22 September, and a release of collectively printed visual scores from 27 September.
It also features a new text by Rufus Isabel Elliot, which imagines a new mouthful-of-sand future-language of the North West Highlands, spanning Older Scots and Middle English, presented alongside a new, specially commissioned Gaelic interpretation of the text, by Cass Ezeji shared on 17 September.
Performers Over / At
Promoter Over / At
Submitted by Rufus Isabel Elliot
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- International Collaboration Grants
- Invitation to Tender for brand refresh and development
- Classical Next 2022