riSE and fLY
- 29 Sep 2021, 7:30 p.m., 187 Bar, St Andrews, Scotland, UK, Book your free ticket now
Repertoire riSE and fLY, by Julia Wolfe
Inspired by the street beats of New York City, Julia Wolfe’s visceral riSE and fLY launches the SCO’s Autumn Season in raucous, joyful, propulsive style, with performances from soloist and orchestra as theatrical as they are gripping. Like a gigantic machine cranked up to breaking point, it gets down and dirty with urban rhythms and infectious beats: once you’re on board, you won’t be able to let go.
Raw, gritty and energetic, Julia Wolfe’s riSE and fLY is the sound of the city: blaring horns, frenetic activity, and the awe-inspiring, virtuoso street musicians.
Join the SCO online for this unique percussion concerto as exceptional Edinburgh-born percussionist Colin Currie slaps out infectious rhythms all over his own body before leaping to an anarchic drumkit assembled from tin cans, buckets, oven racks and more.
Free tickets are available from 29 August on the SCO Website.
Performers Currie Colin, Rebecca Tong
Promoter Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Submitted by Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- International Collaboration Grants
- Invitation to Tender for brand refresh and development
- Classical Next 2022