Stride (Scottish Premiere)
- 15 Nov 2021, 7:30 p.m., SCO Website, Online, None, Book your free ticket now
Repertoire Stride, by Anna Clyne
SCO Associate Composer Anna Clyne takes inspiration from Beethoven’s ‘Pathétique’ Piano Sonata in her energetic, propulsive Stride, receiving its first Scottish performance under the direction of Ryan Wigglesworth.
Stride is commissioned by the Australian Chamber Orchestra, River Oaks Chamber Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne.
This performance will be online, as part of the SCO Autumn 2021 Digital Season. Also part of this concert: Vaughan Williams The Lark Ascending, Butterworth A Shropshire Lad and Haydn Symphony No 99.
Free tickets available from 15 October on the SCO website and available to watch online for 1 month.
Performers Ryan Wigglesworth
Promoter Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Submitted by Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- International Collaboration Grants
- Invitation to Tender for brand refresh and development
- Classical Next 2022